Saturday, April 14, 2018, 10:30am - 12:01pm
Hits : 323
From the City's website
Since summer 2016, we’ve been working with West Seattle community members to select a route for a new north-south West Seattle neighborhood greenway to be built as soon as 2019. We’ve selected a final route based on what we heard, data we’ve collected, and guidance from our bicycle master plan.
We’ve been working with West Seattle since summer 2016 to select a route for a new north-south neighborhood greenway. Hundreds of people gave feedback via an online survey, public events, and conversations with the project team. We heard requests for a neighborhood greenway with:
- improved connections to the Junction and Westwood Village, as well as parks and schools
- fewer hills to climb
- slower speeds
- safer crossings at busy streets like 35th Ave SW
West Seattle neighborhood greenway study area:
- During phase 1 of outreach, we invited people to learn about and share their preferences on several route options.
- Greenway route options at the north end included the Alaska Junction business district, Camp Long entrance at SW Dawson St, and the existing Delridge greenway east of the West Seattle Golf Course at SW Brandon St.
- Our proposal for the south end included the greenway route going north-south on 30th Ave SW, 34th Ave SW, and 36th/37th Ave SW.
You can see the routes we studied and learn more about what we heard in the first phase of outreach here.
Location Uptown Espresso (Junction location, California/Edmunds/Erskine)