Morgan Junction has more than 10,000 residents, 5,000 homes and 140 businesses surrounding the intersection of SW Morgan Street and California Avenue SW. Our neighborhood is bounded generally on the north by SW Brandon Street, on the east by 35th Avenue SW, on the south by SW Kenyon Street, and on the west by Lincoln Park and Puget Sound.
Where is Morgan Junction?
Map of Morgan Junction Neighborhood
The Morgan Junction Neighborhood Vision Statement
- An attractive community where the buildings, streets, and sidewalks form a comfortable human-scale setting for daily activities and where views and community character are protected;
- A community with strong single-family neighborhoods and compatible multifamily buildings offer a wide range of housing types for all people;
- An appealing place with attractive landscaping and pleasant parks and gathering places;
- A vital commerical district, providing restaurants, stores and services to meet the needs of local residents;
- A safe community with active crime prevention programs and a strong police presence;
- A community that is conveniently accessible by transit and automobile, but where walking and biking are easy and enjoyable.
The Morgan Junction Neighborhood Plan
Our neighborhood contains a diversity of residents, interests and opportunities for enhancement which will all contribute to the direction this community takes in the future. During a three year process, MoCA led the efforts which resulted in the Morgan Junction Neighborhood Plan, which will guide our community's growth over the next 20 years.
The Neighborhood Plan sets out the guiding principles and initial recommendations by which we hope to attain this vision of our neighborhood's future. We hope that this plan will be an enduring tool for helping our community cope with changing circumstances and take advantage of opportunities that may arise in the coming decades.
You can see the details of the Neighborhood Plan on the city's web site: Morgan Junction Neighborhood Plan